Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 41 - Back to Singapore!!!! =)


Thank you for the amazing time in Wu Han!!! =)

We woke up early to do our final packing and to meet the local students for a final breakfast. They woke up very early to help us bring the luggage down and to help us clean up the room for the last time. We felt so guilty that they had to wake up so early to help us, and yet we didn't have the time to eat breakfast with them at all. So, they offered to help us buy breakfast, and they came back with so much food that we cannot possible finish at one seating.

After helping us load up all the bags onto the bus, we bid them a final farewell and hope to see them in Singapore!!!





It was an hours ride to the airport, everyone was so tired from the packing, waking up early and crying, so everyone just fell asleep on the bus. As there were many free counters, everyone rushed to weigh their bags to make sure that it was not overweight, if not we had to pay for the excess. In the end, everyone's' bags were not overweight, so it was a smooth check in. =) We were told that we did not need to check out the bags, so they would travel straight to Singapore!!! =)

However, after the transit to Guang Zhou, we were told that we needed to check out and check in the luggage again! >.< This delayed our flight back to Singapore by 2 hours, so we only reached Singapore at 10pm. =( But when we walked through those doors, we were so happy to see our classmates and family who came to fetch us at the airport!! =)

Reflection

I guess everyone is very happy to see their loved ones after a long 21 days. =) This trip had made me open my eyes to see what is going on around the world But after staying in Wu Han for over a month, everyone is used to the lifestyle, food, weather, transportation, language and shopping. Now, everyone do not wish to return back to Singapore. =(

I will miss the chilly weather in Wu Han. I will miss the fried rice store that we always visit when we are hungry! I will miss the bubble tea shop that we always visit after buying our fried rice, even if we did not buy lunch. I will miss the theme pack that we visited with the local students. I will miss the first snow in Wu Han and also the last snow experience. I will miss the first time we went to KTV with the local students. I will miss pizza hut. I will miss the double cheeseburger in MacDonald. I will miss the first time we stayed in a cruise. I will miss the 3 gorges. I will miss the first time we saw cherry blossoms in Wu Han University. I will miss the shopping sprees we had throughout the whole trip. =p I will miss waking up to see Hazel and Eline. I will miss my bed. I will miss having the 7 of us hang out in the guy's room. I will miss the friends that we have made in Wu Han.

In all, I will miss everyone and everything that I have experienced in Wu Han, the good and the bad. =(


Seeing the local students sacrifice their sleep to send us off, really warm our hearts. I really appreciate their help throughout this 41 days. Without them, life in Wu Han would have been dull and rather boring. Although, we only known each other for 41 days, i believe that our friendship will last for the rest of our life. =) Thank you so much for all that you guys have done for us with out wanting anything in return. =) See ya guys in Singapore soon!!!

For students of the next OIP batch, i swear that it will be one of the funnest and most unforgettable experience that you will ever have! You will experience things that textbooks will NEVER teach you! It will be a valuable learning experience on independence and you will never regret it. I swear! =)

For the last time
Loves, Charmaine =)

No comments:

Post a Comment